(Please observe that you'll need to delete any existing minecraft installation before following these steps)
Follow these steps to get up and running with Mineshafter:
- Make sure that you have a Minecraft.net account (paid or not, doesn't matter).
- Login to minecraft.net AND mineshafter (click the login button in top right of page)
- Link your Minecraft.net account to mineshafter.
- Upload a custom skin if you want one.
- Upload a custom cloak if you want one.
- Download the client proxy.
- Start the proxy program, it will
use the Minecraft launcher in the current directory oruse the latest one from Minecraft.net if you don't have one. (for the best performance with this method, make sure to delete all traces of your former minecraft installation)
- Login with your Minecraft.net credentials.
- You're client will update if not already at the latest version.
- Search around for a cracked server to play on, there's several lists (try searching youtube.com for "minecraft cracked server")